CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, September 6, 2008

Schedule Shmedule.



I am not a 9 to 5 kind of gal.

    It's true.

 I've decided to embrace this about myself.

So, when trying to set up this year's 

insane 

teaching schedule,

(which will probably consist of more than one 8 to 7 day)

   I've decided to allot time slots 

for the things I'd really like to do,

but never have time.

I do like teaching, don't get me wrong, 

but there is just nothing more oppressive to my soul

  than the thought of being stuck inside a 

6x10 windowless practice room that has

    only 1 flourescent light,

an old, somewhat out-of-tune piano,

and listen to kids (most of whom didn't practice much) 

for 11 hours day.


This confirms to me that I should not ever work in a 

[cubicle].

So I'm going to slot times in my day for 

drawing/journaling like this,

   studying my music, 
 
refreshing my memory on music theory 
 
and music/opera history,
 
dance lessons (which I've started- move over, Eleanor),

going to the opera,

meeting friends for coffee or tea,

training for a half-marathon,

and whatever else I'd like to do, 

but never give the time!!

I'm exited about it.  

Happy Saturday, dearies!

No comments:

Post a Comment