CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Heat Wave


So you know how,
when you've been baking and left something in the oven for a while,
you open the oven door and that burst of heat hits your face?
I usually don't mind it, since it's nice and warm.
But, after almost a year of living here,
and using this oven,
I never remember that because the oven's so low,
and I have to bend over to open it,
the burst of heat is quite hot,
and nearly always scorches my eyebrows off.
Well, tonight I forgot that little tidbit of info again.
So as I leaned in to save my burning bunsies,
still wearing all my tons of make-up
and diamondy earrings from my afternoon singing engagement,
the blast of heat hit me in the face,
I shut my eyes tight and
felt my over-mascara-ed eyelashes curl together,
melting in the heat,
making it hard to open my eyes again....

Seriously the funniest thing that's happened to me in a long while.
My neighbors probably think I'm nutso,
but hey,
when you've gotta laugh loud, you've gotta laugh loud.
Even if you're the only one in the room.
Which I do frequently.

And since I'm on a mature rant:
"I'm an angel..."
"...sent by God."
Oh Roma Downey, how you changed our lives.
Bon nuit, mes amours.




P.S. I'm officially done with my first year of grad school!
Fin, as the frenchies say.
I can't believe this year's flown by so fast.
:)

1 comment: