CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, January 3, 2010

Quote Day.


Even in literature and art, no man who bothers about originality will ever be original: whereas if you simply try to tell the truth (without caring twopence how often it has been told before) you will, nine times out of ten, become original without ever having noticed it.

~C.S.Lewis


Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become.

~C.S.Lewis


Blessed is the man, who having nothing to say, abstains from giving wordy evidence of the fact.

~George Eliot


If instead of a gem, or even a flower, we should cast the gift of a loving thought into the heart of a friend, that would be giving as the angels give.

~George Macdonald


It's a sort of bloom on a woman. If you have it, you don't need to have anything else; and if you don't have it, it doesn't much matter what else you have.

~J.M.Barrie


Drama if I sing, drama if I don't sing. What do you do?

~Montserrat Caballe


Everybody, even me, sometimes had to compromise on something, doing things we know to be wrong, and this happens doing whatever job in the world. But a singer must have the courage of saying no.

~Jose Carerras


I don't want to be somebody who stands still and sings pretty. Each song is a world. Each song is a story. I don't achieve nearly what I want.

~Renee Fleming


I have a nervous breakdown in the film and in one scene I get to stand at the top of the stairs waving an empty sherry bottle which is, of course, a typical scene from my daily life, so isn't much of a stretch.

~Emma Thompson


I'm an interpreter of stories. When I perform it's like sitting down at my piano and telling fairy stories.

~Nat King Cole


I shouldn't be saying this - high treason, really - but I sometimes wonder if Americans aren't fooled by our accent into detecting brilliance that may not really be there.

~Stephen Fry


I wake up every morning at nine and grab for the morning paper. Then I look at the obituary page. If my name is not on it, I get up.

~Benjamin Franklin


Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work.

~Aristotle


I'm not funny. What I am is brave.

~Lucille Ball





:)

No comments:

Post a Comment