CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Confession:

I judge books by their cover.

Ruthlessly.

Hello, my name is Annie, & I am a judger.


But you know you do it, too.

And if you don't, congratulations.

I hope to never attain your level of benevolence towards books.


I tell ya,

if they made a math book that

had the perfect pages that

felt & smelled good,

AND had amazing illustrations that

I'd like to look at,

I'd do math everyday.

And we all know how I dislike math.

*********************************


Adult books.

Children's books.

I love them equally.

Although,

when someone asks me what I'm reading right now,

I'm not sure if I ought to tell them that

I'm enjoying Adventures in Odyssey books.

No, not Homer's Odyssey.

Adventures in Odyssey.

The whole series.

Or that I searched online for them & bought the last three so that

I could finish them all,

because I'm completely entrenched.

I highly recommend them for any teenagers that you know.

Or even for yourself.

You can read all 6 in a week, easy peasy.

Other kid's books I have are:

I haven't read this yet,

but hey,

it's Tolkien,

so it's GOT to be good.


This little jewel I got for free at a local free bookstore

(a good reason for you all to come visit me here-

just bring extra luggage for all the cooks you will pick up :)

It has amazing illustrations,

& is filled with all kinds of stories & rhymes

for young boys & girls.

I'm going to keep this one for myself,

to read whenever my nephews & nieces (someday?)

come to visit me.
(Love it- "Ye done all right fer a gal" )
This group of books I've collected over the past year or two,
& while I haven't yet read them all,
they're perfect little old books.
~Bad Little Hannah
~The Bad Little Boy
~Captain Courageous
~The Night Riders
~Der Buch Gestalten (german poetry book)
Now to bridge into Adult books.
"The Gentleman from Indianapolis"
looks like it's gonna' be a great western drama,
though I can't figure out which age group .
& then "The Melancholy Tale of "Me".
I got this book PURELY for the amazingness that
is that title.
I haven't read past the first page, but I can tell already:
G o l d e n .
Now I have a rather odd mixing of titles.
~ The Hawk & the Dove Trilogy
This is a fantastic book! It's so good &
is a perfect read for this Easter Season.
GO BUY IT.
~Oui, Je parle Francais!
This french instruction book is so wonderfully 60's. Love it.
~Sarah Morgan: The Civil War diary of a Southern Woman.
I haven't read this yet, but there's a possibility that I
am related to her.
Civil War stories + Possible Relative= Win.
& finally.
For Christmas, I was given a bit of money.
Instead of saving it for school, I decided to treat my self to some Goudge.
That's Elizabeth Goudge.
A wonderful authoress,
referred to me by my wonderful friend (and authoress, herself)
So I bought 7 of her books, & I'm OH so excited to start reading them.



So there you have it. A little book fun.
Now I'm off to practice the new opera
that is being written for me.
(How many people get to say that?! :)

Avez un bel jour, mes amies!
Toujours amour





No comments:

Post a Comment