CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, March 28, 2009

It's Windsday



"Texas, our Texas..."
This 'global warming' is KILLING
us Texans these days.
Why, today, it got up to almost..
..55 degrees.
I studied French in high school, 
and also in college.
As I prepare to go back to school
this coming fall for my Master's degree,
and afterwards pursue my career,
I wanted to use part of this year 
perfecting my language skills.
(Because opera singers sing in so many 
different languages, it is good to learn 
as much about each of the languages 
as is possible, to further the connection
with the characters, emotions, etc...)
So, this past fall, I hired a french tutor
to help me with my then-TERRIBLE grammar
and stuttered speech.
I love learning languages!
I'm encouraged these days since I can watch a film
or read a book, 
and actually really comprehend what I'm "digesting," 
as opposed to just guessing.
Si vous voulez parler le français avec moi, laissez-moi savent! :)
And now, when I have to take 
another language in school,
I'll (hopefully) be tri-lingual
upon graduating. yipee

On a completely different note,
I saw Monster vs. Alien tonight 
with my sister and her hubby.
It was cute! Many laugh-out-loud moments
(yes, I refuse to use the "LOL"..)
and very surprisingly little inappropriate humor, 
which is usually annoyingly rampant in kid's movies
these days. A fun, all-star cast, I recommend it!

I leave you with
some links I've found this last week..
..maybe you'll find them as interesting
as I did. Or maybe not.
And that's ok with me, too. :)

Videos:
Natalie Dessay, a french soprano, and Kristin Chenoweth, a huge American artist on the musical stage- both are amazingly real, hilarious, and down-to-earth "divas", and both kinda make me wish I was only 5 feet tall...




No comments:

Post a Comment